Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A WHIRLWIND SUMMER

This summer has been crazy, but sooo fun. I think that I am somehow trying to make up for the summer last year when I was so pregnant or had a very tiny newborn. We mostly stayed home out of the heat, but this year we've had a great time.

For memorial day weekend we went went to Flaming Gorge with the Wildings. We fished, camped (in a trailer) and had some dang good dutch oven.




Here's Andrew at Lagoon

We went to the little, but very fun Idaho Fall's zoo with Grma/Grpa Hogge and the Miller's



The long awaited Bear Lake at Ideal Beach! Last year, I had Ashlee instead of going to our annual trip to the lake with the Todd Family

At Bear Lake we celebrated Ashlee's 1st birthday. She loved the chocolate cake!


In between, we've been cooling off at Cherry Hill




We didn't think it was hot enough here, so we headed down to Lake Powell. I never thought that I would enjoy being rained on while I slept.




We still have a fun reunion planned with the Hogge family at the lake Near Gma Hogge's. Can't wait. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to warm a bottle for Ashlee in the middle of the night. I'm sure some how it will work out!


3 comments:

Suz said...

It looks like the Hogges had a very exciting summer. I am very jealous of all your trips, it looks like you had a lot of fun.

By the way, I love the new layout. Very cute. I can see that I've got some competition for my blog now ;)

Kysha said...

Yea, I'm glad that you were inspired by the YW camp party and have really "got your blog on!" Loved looking at all the pics!

Sarah said...

Rachel!
I am so excited that you 'blog'! It's so fun to keep in touch. My backdrop is the same as yours-ha ha. We went to Ideal Beach a week ago...so fun!