Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Need Your Help!

Help!! My digital scrapbooking has been on hold because I have been scrapbooking 8 1/2 x 11 (Letter) pages since the beginning of my paper days, but now I am thinking about changing over to 12x12. So, I need your help in deciding. Here are the advantages of each one that I thought of, please add any to help me decide!

Letter:

*Cheaper: pages, sheet covers, albums
*I already have a large box of sheet covers this size

12x12:

*I get to use my sister's and others' awesome templates (there are more out there for 12x12)
*I don't have to crop 12x12 papers
*I like the square look of 12x12's
*You can fit more photos on the page (potentially spending less on additional pages)-- do you think that this is true????
*There's more room on the page to play with the layout
*There are more ideas on the web for layouts

Here is a comparison:

12x12:

Letter:

As you can see from my list, I am leaning towards 12x12, but that darn $$ thing. So, since most or all of you that read my blog scrap 12x12-- help sway me!

4 comments:

Suz said...

Rachel, as you probably can tell I am somewhat partial to the 12x12 format, it does allow for a lot more design possibilites, and you can fit more pictures on a page. It's true that the supplies may cost a little bit more (in terms of albums and page protectors) but if you are smart when you buy them (i.e. on sale, with coupons) it's not that much more. You could always start doing your family album in 12x12 and see how you like it, see if it's costing more, etc. Then when you have the kids albums full switch over. Or just take the plung and do it. :)

Suz said...

Okay so after my last comment I came across this blog http://peppermintcreative.com/blog/?p=319 it's another idea for you. This girl scraps in 12x12 but then shrinks her pages down to 8x8 to print them. She's got some good ideas for this. It may even persuade me to scrap that size in the future. Anyways. check it out. One thing, I haven't seen a lot of 8x8 albums, most of the ones I have seen have been 8.5 x 8.5.

Breea said...

Rachel, I am switching over to 12x12 too! In my mind time is money and if I can fit more pictures on a page it is definatley worth the little bit of extra money! I struggled with this decision also!

Sarah said...

I am having the same dilema, since I haven't started any at all. This post has swayed me towards 12x12. Who knows...