Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A sigh of relief!

It's finally over-- YWIE! If you know what that means, then you have probably been busy too (or have in the past) It's Young Women in Excellence. We had a "you reap what you sow" theme. I think it went well, the only problem was the down pour of rain while we were trying to load the cars with the decorations when cleaning up. Once we were drenched, the rain didn't bother us much! I was helping with the decorations and invitations- fun but a little time consuming. We did a fall/Harvest theme, so it wasn't hard coming up with decorations. I tried a little of my digital scrappin skills for the invitations. It was a good trial on cards for future invitations and for christmas cards coming up-- yikes. (My sister already bought her neighbor gifts today.) Here's a look at the invite (printed as a 4x6 photo at Sam's):


Well, I was going to add some other pics of things we've being doing lately, but right now blogspot won't let me. It just says error and that "they are aware of the problem". Hmmm, are they really? Or does every error message say that? I'll try again another day.

4 comments:

Suz said...

I am anticipating seeing your invitations- I bet they turned out great! And I am guessing that is Emilie that has her neighbor gifts already.... she probably had the idea back in July. Where does she come up with these things?

Rachel Hogge said...

Suz, you are right, it was Emilie who already has her neighbor gifts. She is quite amazing (as are all of my sisters and sis in laws-- really!!)

whitney holland. said...

Rachel can I just say those are the CUTESET invitations. Okay, so I just spent hours and days on making baby shower invitations BY HAND. I so want to learn how to do this on the computer!!! Save me plesae!

Sarah said...

I miss Young Women's! You did a great job on the invites. I'm so excited to learn how to do those!