Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sugar, spice and almost everything nice!

I had this great plan of surprising my family with a nice Valentine's Day breakfast, but unfortunately they got this: (Some burned cinnimon rolls).



Opps! My breakfast plans were simple because I was suppose to be working, but lucky for me they called me off. So, instead of leaving a partially prepared breakfast and decorated table for them to find in the morning (while I prepared it in the wee hours of the moning at 4 am when I usually go to work), I attempted to make it for them at 8am. Unfortunately I got so excited about my hubbies valentine gift to me (a tripod for my camera) that I forgot about the baking rolls. Everyone was a good sport and ate them anyways along with the red pears and red strawberry kiwi juice.

I used my new tripod to take this family pic. Luckily the pink frosting helped cover up the burned cinnimon rolls, a little.
Later on that day I got called into work for 4 measly hours, not hardly worth the 30 minute drive each way, but I was still able to make it home for a fabulous dinner prepared by my hubby. He's a great cook. He even made some delicious chocolate dipped strawberries. He's certainly not your average husband. Since we just returned from a week long adult only trip to cancun on Sunday we decided to make it an evening at home with the fam! (more details to come on our trip later.) It was a great day! Even though Valentine's day definitely has it's commerical side, I loved having the chance to tell those that I care about how much I love them!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

How cute! Good for you. You're rolls look great, I bet they were delicious. We are going to Cancun in a month-we need to chat about what you liked down there!

Suz said...

Your breakfast looks so cute! I can't wait for Cayden to get old enough to start enjoying stuff like that.

the child family said...

Justin made chocolate dipped strawberries? Like all on his own? I am so impressed!

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute Cute, how is a sister-in-law supposed to compete with all this! JK, how fun...I want to hear all the lovely details about your trip.

Breea said...

It was good to see you lastnight, even though it was only for a second! I am glad that I am not the only one who burns things every once in a while! I am glad it all turned out ok and you guys had a great trip and Valentine's Day!

Kysha said...

Good for you for trying! I'm sure they turned out wonderful. Perhaps Justin should invite Casey to a cooking demonstration rather than mountain biking. Just an idea!?!