Friday, September 19, 2008

"Somethin' in your eyes makes me Smile"

This song (Smile, by David Gray), caught my attention as it was playing on my ipod and my sweet and so spunky little girl came and gave me a big hug and smooch on the lips and said "I wu oo" (I love you), mid twirl as she was dancing through the kitchen. I couldn't help but smile big. What a perfect moment! She just started returning the "I love you". I forgot how sweet that was when Andrew started doing that. Although my family doesn't always bring a smile to my face, there have been several moments over that last few weeks that have:

Andrew's first day of preschool:


Ashlee posing for the camera in her princess dress-up that Grandma made for her 2nd b-day:


My hubby canning lots of peaches with me...Mmmmm! (Here are a few of them)


One thing to not smile so much about.....


...our new pet "spiderman", a taranchula that my hubby caught and lovingly brought home as a pet for Andrew. Man, I'm a good wife to put up with that! He's staying until next week when we go out of town because I'm pretty sure we won't be able to find someone to feed this scary creature! (Then we will be let go very far from our home!)

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I think you forgot that I am deathly afraid of spiders! EEEEK! That post needed a warning. :S Cute pictures and story about Ashley. I hope you're feeling good.

Suz said...

Andrew looks so old in the those pictures! What cute kids. Cute new banner too- we must be on the same schedule!

Parkin Family said...

I love the new "look" of the blog. I can't wait until Kailey starts saying I love you! Those little moments make it all worth it.
Make sure you let that spider go FAR FAR FAR away...like out the window on airplane on your way to hawaii.

Leah said...

Cute pictures!

I can't believe how similar our lives are! If this baby's a boy I will name it Andrew or Benjamin. I'm learning to scrapbook digitally, but still do the handmade stuff. My cards are mostly handmade!

So great to be in contact again!

Griffiths Ohana said...

Oooh, I love those moments! The only thing better than when you say I love you and they say it back is when they come up to you on their own and say "I love you!" first!

Eric and Amy said...

Oh my goodness! You are quite the woman to allow that in your home. I couldn't even look at it in your picture! I guess I see what I have to look forward to with raising a older toddler boy. UGH! Your kids are SO CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute pictures!! Your photography has really taken off (not that you weren't good to begin with!!). Dallin now wants a pet spider, thank you Justin! :)