Tuesday, December 9, 2008

No Tears Here!

For preschool I signed up to carpool the kids to visit Santa. Since I would have Ashlee with me I told her of our exciting outing to see Santa. She squealed with delight, smiled big and said, "And Baby Jesus too?" I was happy to realize that she connected Santa/Christmas with Jesus and that seeing Baby Jesus would be just as exciting.

Taking Ashlee with me reminded me of when I took Andrew to see Santa around her same age. When we got to the mall and he got his first glance of Santa from a far distance, in a hushed whisper he said with a look of awe on his face, "look Mom, there he is". To Andrew this Santa was the real deal. This year Andrew was nearly just as excited to see Santa, but he kept asking later as we drove home why we didn't see his reign deer. I told him that they were around the back of the mall. He insisted that next time we drive around back to see them too.

Both Andrew and Ashlee did great with Santa. Andrew had his list that he proudly recited and Ashlee climbed right up onto his lap without hesitation. As you can see from the pics below, they were all smiles!


2 comments:

Breea said...

I love all the new updates! To bad I don't have any potty training advice yet! Good luck!
Ashlee is so cute and must have great parents to be able to connect Christmas/Santa with Jesus! Cute pictures!

Becca's Blog said...

Hey you, hang in there. Potty training was the worst part of parenthood for me. It does get better. I am wondering what my kids are going to do with Santa, especially Luke...I definitely think we are going to have a crying year this year.