Saturday, November 8, 2008

The BIG -3-0-!

Well, it happened, I turned the big -3-0-. Wow, what happened to the last tens years, I swear I'm still 20. My mom always said growing up that she's 29 and celebrating her 10th, 20th etc anniversary. Hard to believe that I will now be past what was her "ideal" age. I had an amazing birthday thanks to Justin, my kids, my family and my great friends!!

Since I'm a twin, I still feel weird not sharing a birthday party with Randy. It feels like WAY too much attention, but this year it was fun getting a little extra.

This was my awesome day: (Celebrations actually started last week when I got a new computer with a 21 inch wide screen and 3 gb of RAM- yahoo!)

~sleep in
~wake to an amazing breakfast and cards from my kids
~time to go grab some lunch and go shopping by myself!
~professional pregnancy massage (LOVED IT!)
~dinner at my favorite restaurant (The Mandarin) with some close friends
~cake and ice cream at my house later!

Thanks everyone! It was a great day-- I really felt loved! I would have to say, so far life is really good at 30.

7 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Happy Birthday old woman! :) I know what you mean, I still feel early-20s, although my tiny start to eye "wrinkles" is reminding me the big 3-0 is around the corner. Man we're getting old! :)

Griffiths Ohana said...

Wow! Congrats on your birthday! I remember when I turned 30! I think you're taking it a lot better than I did! Sounds like you had a great day! How fun for you!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I called you and I hope Justin relayed the message. I'm happy that you were able to have a massage. You definitely deserve it. Yay for girl #2! I hope you're excited. I look forward to see what her little personality will blossom into. Andrew and Ashley are both so much fun to be around, I can't help but imagine what Hogge #3 will be like. I love little kids.

Leah said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I'm joining you next month!

Becca's Blog said...

Rachel, I so glad that you had an amazing birthday! I am glad that you got some one on one attention for once. It was so much fun catching up with you the other day. We miss your family and would love to get together more often. I did open up my blog so put me on your google reader, because I might close it a little later. Love ya! Hope you had fun in Park City.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to "the other side"! Didn't you hear that 30 is the new 20! He he!

Rochelle said...

Hey! You are so cute. I have to tell you how much I love this Coldplay song. It is on our wedding video. Your kids are the cutest. Thanks for being such a good friend. Happy Thanksgiving!