Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Almost 3 Weeks Down...and a Happy Easter

2+ weeks down, 150+ diapers used, probably 12 hours a day spent on nursing this sweet child every 2 hours around the clock, lots of hugs, kisses and holding from siblings, not much spit up and "colicky" crying [yet?], one very happy, but tired mommy!! What a roller coaster it is having a baby, but worth every moment and I knew it would be from the second I saw her-- our little Addie. I love being a mom. I love it even more at this moment because she has been sleeping for the past 2 1/2 hours and let me enjoy a peaceful dinner with the kids and think that maybe I can survive the next 3 days while Justin is at work.

Here's Addie, sleeping away the holiday fun. She loves the bouncer chair on the vibrate mode. She sleeps so much better this way than the bassinet that I usually have her sleep here at night.


Despite having a new baby, we managed to get in most of the Easter traditions in-- the annual Easter Egg Hunt a the city park and decorating eggs. We had a yummy dinner at my parents and the Easter Bunny even found our house. I even managed to pull my self out of bed to get Ashlee's hair done for Easter Sunday. It was a little weird missing the big Easter Sunday church, but enjoyed a quiet relaxing morning at home with the baby. I treated myself to a very hot bath now that I'm not prego and my incision is healed up and a nap! And, of course enjoyed some Easter candy. Thumbs up to Easter egg Reese's Peanut butter Cups, not sure why Peeps are so popular!?! Happy Easter! And, hopefully spring will follow shortly.






7 comments:

Don, jaymie, 4 cute kids said...

So cute! I miss those new baby moments. I may need to swing by and steal some moments with yours. Fun to see the pictures of all the kids including our common cousins. So happy your doing great. Hows 3? Freaked me out so dont be afraid to admit it. Watching to see how Michelle does with 4 to see if I can handle it. -jaymie

Brett and Michelle said...

Wow Rachel you are accomplishing more than I did the first 2 months after having Lincoln. And its only been 3 weeks for you. You are awesome! I ordered my book, but would still love to come and stop by. My kids are almost over some colds so I will call you when everyone is healthy. Your little Addison is adorable!

Nicole said...

I had to look twice at that picture of all of the girls. I didn't recognize Ashlee. She looks so grown up! What pretty pictures. I'm glad you're surviving. I can't wait to see you all next month.

Kysha said...

I have to say I particularly noticed Ashley's hair at church and thought, "Way to go Rach, quite impressed." I'm glad that you are hangin' in there and Addison is a DOLL. I think we are kindred spirits on the 'hot bath thing'. But, I do love peeps!

Eric and Amy said...

I can't believe how big and adorable your kiddos are getting! That last pic is SO cute! I see both of you guys in them! I guess that's how it's supposed to work! :) So glad you guys are doing well. We're so excited for your family!

Becca's Blog said...

Looks like such a fun Easter! You are amazing and the kids are beautiful. I hope that Justin isn't gone too much for the first little while.

abo-bder said...


.
فنى تركيب