Thursday, April 23, 2009

One-Handed Wonder

I have realized (remembered) that a new mom has to become a one-handed wonder. Between nursing nearly constantly around the clock and then holding this sweet angel that tends to be a bit fussy on the off times, I have become quite handy with one hand, often the wrong hand. Here are a few things I have been mastering with one hand:

~cracking eggs
~blogging (including this post)
~emailing/typing
~photo editing of my baby
~reading (yes, I am actually reading. I'm reading this book and enjoying it)
~applying make-up
~eating (most meals it seems)
~paying bills

My days are pretty low key with not high expectations for now. Thankfully this phase will pass and that I am blessed with two hands! Here are a few of my "one-handed" edit pics- Addie at 3 weeks:




5 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Your post made me laugh! Seriously...mommy's definitely have to be one-handed wonders! For years!!! No wonder we all wind up with back problems! :) She's absolutely beautiful! Congrats on all your new talents with one hands ;).

Miss Kelli said...

OH she is a cutey!! Congrats! And I hear ya...I too am becoming a great one hander as well!

Kelli

Rochelle said...

Can I just say she is so beautiful! That pic of you holding her right after delivery is the cutest pic ever. I'm amazed at how great you are with one hand ;) Keep it up. You are such a good mom. talk to you soon!

April Diaz said...

you are amazing! and doing great for being one handed and having a 3rd child! :) Addie is beautiful!

Becca's Blog said...

Rachel.....she is beautiful. You are quite a whiz with one hand I have no doubt. I hope everything is going great. I am thinking of you!