Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Tribute to Mom!?!


Today has been a wonderful Mother's day. I have a husband that is a great cook! He made a yummy breakfast with a table topped with fresh tulips from the backyard and he is now busily making me a turkey dinner with all of the fixings! (Turkey, potatoes, candied yams, jello....) and whipping up some chocolate chip cookies for desert while I happily enjoy some computer time. He knows that I have been in need of some new clothes post baby. He was kind enough to get me some capris, probably a couple sizes too small! (I'm glad at least he views me that way even if I'm not!) and flip flops.

Andrew and Ashlee have wished me Happy Mother's Day at least a dozen times today and given me lots of hugs and kisses. My biggest smile came when I read Andrew's tribute to me that he dictated to his primary teacher as part of their lesson today:

For My Mother:

1. My Mom is the best at: "laying on the Couch"
2. My Mom and I like to: go for a walk
3. My Mom's favorite thing to do by herself is "Lay on the couch" (AGAIN!?!?)

The list goes on, but I certainly got the message.... I must lay on the couch a lot! Andrew also asked me the other day why I never exercise. Is there a theme? So when I got home and was on the couch nursing Addie, I asked him if this (nursing) is what he meant by laying on the couch...:"no". Hmmm... what about when I take a rare nap on the couch..."no" again. Then when do I lay on the couch? He said in the mornings when he wakes up and I'm sleeping on the couch with the baby (after being there most of the night!) So, looks like he doesn't think I'm just being lazy and laying on the couch all day, but that I have found a new bed. Aren't kids funny? They are just so sweet and innocent. Here's Andrew looking like the little sweet innocent 5 year old that will probably not last much longer. I love my kiddos soooo much. I really feel lucky to be a mom =)


Happy Mother's day to all of you ladies out there. You inspire me everyday to be a better mom. Thanks!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Mother's Day Rachel! Your post cracked me up. I know you are not the type to just lounge on the couch all day. What a sweetie. I am glad that you had such a wonderful day. It is nice to be pampered by your husbands and kids. I missed being around Randy today (but he was sweet enough to get me some flowers via my brother. What a sweetheart. I can't wait to see you all next week!

Eric and Amy said...

What a fun mother's day! Your kiddos and hubby took such good care of you! And you deserve it! Even if you sleep on the couch ;).

Becca's Blog said...

Happy Mother's Day Rachel! You are such a sweet Mom and should be rewarded for all that time you spend on the couch. All of the sleepless nights and every second you give to those precious kiddos!
Take Care
Becca