Saturday, January 26, 2008

For the Record: A Saturday Morning

Here's a glimpse into a Saturday morning around the Hogge home (or a Monday, Thursday or even Friday, just depends on when Justin has the day off and is home.)

7:30-8:00 am-- Kids wake up. Andrew comes into our room to see if Daddy is home. Then he pulls Dad out of bed (who goes quite willingly--thanks babe, you're the best!!) and heads out to the family room with the kids. I'm not sure what happens after that until I roll out of bed around 8:30am. He such a great dad, I'm sure that he's talked Andrew of watching cartoons, probably has read 5-6 books to the kids, cleaned up the previous night's mess and started breakfast. With my new camera, I decided to "capture" a few moments of our ordinary morning. I'm sure one day when the kids are grown up and moved out, I'll long for these days.
Here's Ashlee waiting patiently for some more milk while mom plays with her camera and depth of field.








Andrew hanging out with dad, while dad checks out ksl.com looking for a great deal on a tent trailer! We can't wait for warmer weather to get up to the mountains. I'm sure Andrew's hoping to steal a moment on the computer, to play Dad's flight simulator.
The "Saturday morning" wouldn't be complete without some good ole Hootnany pancakes (puff pancakes). Justin and I have a running contest to see who's hootnany pancakes turn out the "puffiest". I think mine looks pretty good =).
There's nothing unusual about this morning, just time together as we start out I'm sure another great day. I love being a mother and wife, I don't think life could get better than this!

No comments: