Saturday, January 5, 2008

Merry Christmas to ME!

Well Santa (aka my hubby) was good to me and I'm finally on my way to something I've been dreaming about since I was young.... a nice SLR camera and photography classes to go with it! I got the Nikon D80 and I'm lovin' it. It has some great auto functions, while I'm learning how to do all of this stuff and then you can manually program and adjust as you like. So come spring, if anyone would like some family pics taken (and you don't mind an amateur), give me a call. Speaking of classes, I bought my camera at Inkley's and photography classes are free with purchase (or should I say they are included in the price=)), so I will not be taking the course offered for the community through the district. I know there were some of you out there also interested in the course and I got the schedule in the mail this week, so thought I would pass along the link to the class schedule: adulted.davis.k12.ut.us. Oh and here's my first photography "project". I made it for YW's to introduce our theme. (The idea came from an old Mormonad)We're going to insert each of the girls pictures in the domino box that is left standing and print it on 4x6 photo paper, laminate it and put a magnet on the back.


7 comments:

Suz said...

I love that I am posting a comment literally like 1 min after you have posted this blog! I was reading my blogs in Google reader when you posted it- so good timing! Anyways- the YW poster is really cute! What a great idea. The photography is great too! I am glad that you get everything figured out with your camera, and then hopefully one of these days I will have one for you to teach me!

Terry Family said...

That turned out so cool, Rachel! You're a great photographer!!! I would love to take you up on taking our pictures sometime (maybe this summer or something).

Nicole said...

Your header is very cute! Your YW project is turning out to be very impressive. Please enjoy the new camera and classes for the both of us...since I know it will be years before I get such a sweet camera (or even a "new" camera for that matter!). By the way how is the Abreva treatment going?? ;)

Jenn J. said...

I LOVE that cute thing you made for all the girls in YW! They will love it. That's awesome you got a new camera and lessons to go with it! You can come take pictures of our family any time. We certainly need a new one. I'm excited for you and your new toy. You look like a pro already!

Sarah said...

I got a new computer finally! I am so excited to start digital scrapbooking. If I make lunch, will you come over and tutor me? Congrats on the new camera! I'm sure you will be an awesome photographer.

Parkers said...

Rachel that is awesome. And all your projects turn out so cute scrapbooking, photography, making your cute roman shades. I mean everything. I talked to your husband today for a little bit at the classic fun center. He is really nice. Andrew is so cute and your little girl too.
Precious kids. Well I am sad you are not taking that photography class, but you can't bet FREE!!!! If you need to practice your photography I would love for you to take our family pictures this summer. What an awesome camera too. You will have to tell me all about it. I need your expertise on my blog too.

the child family said...

Wow, great job! I am seriously impressed. Next time I'm in YW I will be giving you a call.
Very cute Christmas card, by the way. What a beautiful family!