Monday, July 28, 2008

Proud to have a "Mormon Mommy Blog"

So, I read an email from my sister-in-law that linked to a blog "Seriously, so blessed" that is a spoof on "Mormon Mommy Blogs". Maybe it hit home--I am a Mormon mommy in Utah with a blog and I tend to make comments that are heavily sarcastically made fun on this blog like "I am so blessed--my husband and kids are the best", or maybe I was just finding a reason to not catch up on my very behind blog, but for a moment I thought that blogging for me was out the window. I've heard of blogging as described as a continual fabricated Christmas card that we all cringe when reading because of the amount of gloating that it contains. Hmmm.... I'll be honest, I went back and read my whole blog and I am sure there are parts (or all, who knows?) that sound like that to others, but as I read over the posts and looked at the pictures, it made me happy to remember the good times like this and this and laugh about some of the bad times like this and then I was convinced that blogging is a keeper! So here's to getting it back up-to-date! (I still plan on printing this out-- one day!)

Happy Blogging!

8 comments:

Suz said...

I was beginning to wonder if you had given up blogging! :) I know exactly how you feel though- it's hard to read that blog and not feel a little stupid about your own, but then again I love reading other people's blogs, and I think they're more real than a christmas card, because you talk about the day to day stuff, like you said, the good and the bad. So I at least hope you'll keep it up! :)

Sarah said...

Blogging is pretty funny. I love having a record of pictures and stuff, though. I'm still in, but it does make you feel a little silly. All well!

Eric and Amy said...

Amen! I've seen that blog before too. I'll admit, we are all probably a bit cheesy (me especially). But I don't journal, and I'm terrible at keeping in touch. Blogging is my solution. Maybe this blogging is just a fad we'll all laugh about someday like we do when we get those forwards about the 80s that we all relate to :). But who cares?! I love reading about your fam. So keep it coming!

Jenn J. said...

Way to go, Rachel! I'm glad you decided to not give up on blogging. It may be silly that we all write about our families and lives, but really, it's nothing more than writing a letter to someone, right? Just think of it as another way to keep in touch. I love having my blog to look back on and one day (when I hopefully get it printed out) my kids will either love it, or laugh at it... either way, I'll be glad I have it. And hey, if anyone dreads or cringes while reading another person's blog, they can always not read it, right? :)

Rachel Hogge said...

Just thought I would add that I LOVE to read about all of your lives and the happy, cute and wonderful things that are happening. Thanks for all of the encouragement in keeping up with mine! I'm sure Amy, that we will look back and chuckle about some aspects of it, but probably not half as much as we will of our past hair-dos and clothing!

A said...

Well it is about time. JK It is great to see your life in the last few months, we missed you. Take care. Ashlee

A said...

Well it is about time. JK It is great to see your life in the last few months, we missed you. Take care. Ashlee

A said...

Oops. You know me and how handy I am with a computer. Sorry