Monday, April 21, 2008

*Day 20*

8 Amazing Years!

While we were in Idaho for the weekend, Justin sneakily (is that a word?) set-up for us to stay the night in Jackson to celebrate our anniversary, while Justin's parents watched the kids. This has been the year of surprises (I surprised him with a trip to Cali for his 30th birthday. I still have yet to post about it because I ruined the pics and I'm trying to fix them! Sometimes I really miss "auto"). Anyways, we left Sunday night to enjoy a relaxing evening in Jackson. The Tetons were amazing (a bit too cold and windy to capture any good pics). But we found some other interesting photo ops:Some die-hard skiiers!


Anyone up for a picnic in the middle of the snake river?

The geese need a haven, how about the roof?

In honor of being married EIGHT years, I thought I would post the top 8 qualities that I adore about my honey (try not to be too jealous when reading the following, my hubby is pretty amazing!):

1. He's the hardest worker I've ever met! He's not done until the job is done. I still think of him out in the 106 degree weather working on our sprinkler system, getting the job done. I think I lasted about 10 minutes, compared to his hours of time spent! Thanks!

2. He's disciplined (and that's an understatement). If he has a goal (like not sleeping longer than 8 hours a day), his promise is as good as gold. For that reason, he gets up with the kids every morning that he's home.

3. He's domestic!! He often cooks dinner, helps with all of the cleaning, including the bathrooms. He makes banana bread whenever we have an abundance of old bananas and he always lets me leave him a chore list when I'm away at work. I really am spoiled in this aspect. There's no reading the paper on the couch while I take care of dinner around here.

4. He's hot! At least I think so. He's very physically fit. He tries hard to exercise and eat healthy. I really should try harder in this area.

5. He's very giving with his money. He is definitely a saver and "be frugal" kind of guy, but he'll never turn down anyone in need. One time at a gas station, some guy with his wife approached him asking him to fill up their car. The guy said that he had lost his wallet and were on their way to Colorado. $40 later, they were off.

6. He loves me! After 8 years, I know that he's still totally in love with me because he is so good at showing it by his actions. He's always trying to figure out how he can be a better husband and dad.

7. He would make a better mom than me. He's always reading to the kids, taking them outside for a walk, turning off the TV, wrestling with them, going to the library, building things with the legos or whatever Andrew asks.

8. He has a sense of adventure. He would take off today and move to South Africa if the chance came up. He's not afraid to try something new. I LOVE this. I know that we have an exciting life ahead of us.

These last 8 years have been everything that I have dreamed of in marriage. I love you hon!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had fun. Jackson Hole is in my top 5 favorite places to visit!

the child family said...

This is so sweet, Rachel. He is quite the man and let's also add that behind every good man there is an amazing woman!

Jenn J. said...

Happy Anniversary! I had no idea we had anniversaries around the same time. (Ours is Tuesday, and it'll be 8 years for us too!) Cute list. I'm so glad you guys are still so happy. What a fun trip, and a fun surprise!

Bangerter family said...

I love that you are doing this with the blog! It is fun to hear so much about your days! The tent trailer looks awesome! I still haven't seen the real thing!