Sunday, April 6, 2008

*Day 5*

Watching conference "King Benjamin" style (in a tent with the prophet's message coming from a tower aka our tall fireplace).

I heard of a tradition of a family where they "camp-out" inside the night before conference in preparation for the prophets message like those did when King Benjamin spoke to them on the tower. This year we only brought up the Ikea tent from the basement to listen to conference, but next year we may let Andrew sleep in it and maybe have a "camp" breakfast (dutch-oven cheesy hashbrowns?). I'm loving that Andrew is getting old enough to start some family traditions!

Wasn't conference amazing! I really loved the words to the "young moms" from Elder Ballard. I can't wait to re-read them. I had a hard time jotting down many notes because I was too busy being a "young mom", chasing after my kids.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What great photos, Rachel! You are getting really good with that camera! I still don't have photoshop, but it's on my list!

the child family said...

I love the idea of the indoor campout! What a great way to get your kids excited for conference, not to mention they will remember the King Benjamin story forever.
Isn't this 30 day thing fun?

Jenn J. said...

I'm loving your 30 day thing. :) It's so fun, I may have to copy it. I loved Elder Ballard's message too!

SarahBara said...

I love that you had the little tent! That makes it so much fun for the kids, and they remember it too! You are such a cute mom!

Terry Family said...

What a great idea!! I need to write that one down. So I might have to copy your 30 day thing as well...so much fun (maybe in May).