Tuesday, April 15, 2008

*Day 14*

Lunch is served.

Hmm... I wish I had the desire of one of those moms that makes homemade bread, serves only organic fruits and veggies and never prepares any meals that contain cream of chicken condensed soup, but I'm pretty sure that will never be me! I debated this week about putting an order in to buy an electric wheat grinder with another ward, but I don't think bread making is in my future plans. (I do have a hand grinder, though, for emergencies). So, hopefully I'm not doing too much damage to my growing children. And, who knows maybe one day I'll find that desire, but until then, Mac'n Cheese it is!

7 comments:

Suz said...

Have you ever seen the show Jon & Kate plus 8? It's about a couple with a set of twin girls who are 7 and a set of SEPTUPLETS that are 3- well the mom only gives them organic food and in the last episode I saw they were going to pick up their half a cow for the year from an organic farm- that show just wears me out! Meanwhile- I am sitting here just wishing Cayden would eat mac and cheese! :)

Suz said...

Oh yeah- at least you've got the glass of milk and apple slices in there! :) (If you added frozen peas and ham to the mac and cheese you would have all the major food groups covered!) :)

Sarah said...

If no one had invented Mac n cheese or frozen chicken nuggets, my kids would starve. I am a big believer in organic products, but honestly, who has the time and money to be 100%?

Anonymous said...

Who says Mac and Cheese isn't a food group? HA HA! I have watched that show Suz commented on, and it wears me out just watching it as well - we grew up on non-organic food and we came out ok (that might be debatable but I don't think it was the food's fault)!

Jessica said...

I think you are just one step ahead! Just think, all those people that can feed 100% organic will be begging for mac and cheese from your food storage when the time comes--and they will be listening to your radio!

Rachel Hogge said...

Hehehe! Jessica, that made me laugh because the mac'n cheese is actually from my food storage and I realized today that that box expired A YEAR AGO! But, that didn't stop me, I still made it and well, I think we're ok. (And we have about 15 boxes of it left; I guess I need to work on the rotation process of food storage!)

the child family said...

Okay Rachel, here is a happy medium - Annie's brand mac n cheese. It's organic and mac n cheese at the same time! Sold at Costco (and Sam's?) and your local grocery store.