Sunday, April 13, 2008

*Day 12*

Heart of the Home

Tonight while doing the Sunday night thing at my parents, we were looking at some old pictures from my childhood. I found a picture of some of my siblings and me sitting around the bar on our beautiful lime green barstools in our lime green wall-papered kitchen with white washed cabinets and WOW, the memories flooded in. I knew that I had to snap a picture of our family kitchen and bar to include in this "every day journey". Usually my now clean island is covered in coloring or art projects, dinner being prepared and other remnants of the days happenings. I wouldn't say that my kitchen is anything special in the design department, but I do know that a lot of life is lived here and I look forward, as I look back over this blog (hopefully in printed version) to being reminded of the great times we're having doing the everyday thing in this spot in our home. My friend Heidi made a great suggestion of creating a mini album from this "every day journey". I think I'll do it. Life seems pretty hectic at times keeping up with the little ones, but one day I know that I will long for these days and it will be fun to have a little album of our every day.

Sorry for the rambling, but today we had a lesson on the restoration of the gospel in YW's and we talked about the beautifully simple things of the gospel that were restored, making me stop and reflect on those things and other "beautifully simple" things in my life that I have been blessed with to enjoy-- the gospel, family life, friends, the good times. Great Lesson Kysha!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Rachel! I'm glad you did take a picture of where everything happens. Your kids will one day love looking at it. Wow your kitchen is so beautiful! Our kitchen is more like a fridge and a sink, and if I took a picture of it, I doubt it would evoke much emotion. But I'm really glad you're documenting your life. Sorry I missed the lunch with April the other day. I would love to get together again soon. We're going to Manila in a few weeks - yay! Spencer is scared to death, but I'm super excited. And then Spencer got a job in Provo, so we're moving...again. =) I'm excited though, no more school for a few years at least. So maybe after things settle down, we can get together this summer. Hope to see you soon! love you, Ang

Angela said...

ps - can you tell me how to change my background and where I can get cool designs? I'm going crazy staring at the same brown...